Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LIVE from Mumbai III

23 Feb
Nariman point
Mumbai


im back people. lemme fill u in on what happened last night.i finished work at 7 and then got a cab to Churchgate and then a Borivili slow to Malad. it felt incredible to be traveling by myself. i felt brave and proud of myself. i got off at d station and this time didn't get lost. walked till the restaurant my friends were waiting at. they all had just got back from office too and we were all bursting to talk about our day. we exchanged stories over jeera rice and dal fry, frostick and ganga-jamuna juice. it was awesome.we were so excited about everything. we walked back home and got ready for bed.

we then decided to watch Band Bajaa Baraat since we had to wait for another friend to be back at about 12.

we lay down to watch the movie and less than half the way i fell asleep.

now that's a great thing for me because for the past 2 years or so i haven't been able to sleep at night. but for the past 3 nights I've been falling asleep early and that too been getting good sleep. so that's a huge deal for me.

now to today's events so far.

i had to go for a press conference at the Taj Presidential today for the launch of a holiday maker's report. there i met Sanjeev Kapoor, "the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine” as people describe him. as i sat waiting for the pc to start, my friend saw him sitting by himself and told me to go talk to him. i was apprehensive of doing that. for one, he's such a well-known person, i felt so small in front of him. secondly, what do i talk to him about?

my friend finally pushed me out of my seat and i went in front to speak to Sanjeev Kapoor.

my heart beating a 100 miles per second, i introduced myself to him and he smiled and extended his hand.

i asked him if we could talk for a while and he said sure.

we spoke about many things, he told me about where all he likes to travel, what he wants from a vacation, he told me anecdotes of when he went to Delhi and Agra, his trips abroad, about how he is strict about what his kids eat and that on Sundays if he's home and something that his kids don't like is cooked, the kids ask him why he's at home on a Sunday! he was great. i didn't feel like he was this big person I've seen on tv so often. he spoke really nicely and we were laughing together and he told me that there was a spelling mistake on one of the banners.

i felt so good after that. and i was incredibly happy that my friend was there to get me out of my shell.

the pc was followed by awesome food. pepper chicken, mutton, chicken salad, fried potatoes, paneer, ice-creams, jalebi and chocolate mousse.

we then took a cab to Churchgate since i didn't know how to get from Cuffe Parade till Nariman. So got off at the station and took another cab to Jolly Maker.

at work right now, i shared my story ideas with my colleague and she said to make a list of ideas and we can send them to Delhi by the weekend.so I'm hoping that I'll be getting work to do real soon.

oh, and while we were traveling to work in the morning, we did our first girl shopping: we bought bangles. we plan to go shopping on Sunday.

so that's all for now.will be back with much more later.

tada!

1 comment:

  1. :) must have been a great experience. Hope you're enjoying the job if you're still in it. :)

    ReplyDelete