Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Live from Mumbai-II

22 Feb, 2011
Nariman point
Mumbai


so as i was saying, i reached work. there wasn't much to do, being the first day and all. i met my colleagues, met the bureau chief. and went about checking my mails. at about 2:15 i stepped outside for lunch. went to this mall called CR2 and ordered for aloo tikki chaat. i waited for like eternity for my food, starving all the while and glancing at my watch every 2 minutes. finally at about a quarter to 3, the guy behind the counter hands me the tray, saying, " sorry for the delay ma'm. here's a complimentary pepsi." i smile at him, say thank you and walk towards a table closest to the tv. as i got ready to enjoy my meal, while watching some match, i pierced my spoon into the aloo tikki and what should i find there but.....wait for it....dahi (curd)

now those who know me know how absolutely crazily i hate dahi. i cant stand it. i wont have it on my plate, i wont sit next to a person who eats dahi, i wont pass it to anyone. nothing.the sight of it makes me puke. that's how much i detest dahi.

but there i was. all alone. by myself. in a huge mall.i didn't know a soul there. who could i complain to? i had no choice.

i took a deep breath, mixed it all up and ate it.

no more discussion on that. just want to say that its one incident i will never forget.

later in the day, got around to do so some work. made a few calls.and then left work at 7.

caught a cab to Churchgate and then my friend called me up and she told me she'll some meet me there.

she came in a while and we went rambling. she took me to Mondy's and then walked the streets of Colaba Causeway. we then went to see the Gate Way of India and the Taj. it was awesome. and the weather was incredible.

we took a cab back to Churchgate and then we traveled together till Bandra and from there i went to Malad,on my own :)

reached the station and my friend came to pick me up. but i got lost. he was on the east end and i was on the west. and that too the south of the west end and he towards the north. it took us a while but then we found each other and picked up dinner.

back home, we had dinner, i had a wash and then crawled into my bedding.

it was along tiring day. i was exhausted. not from the work, cuz i didn't work, but from all the traveling i guess.i was dirty too. i told my friend that i wish i could say that i smell of Bombay, but i smell of filth. and she said, "that IS Bombay"

more of my adventures later.

tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment