Sunday, July 3, 2011

Letter to my Grandfather

Note:- A letter that never reached, nor got completed in time. Love you papa. May your soul rest in peace...


Dear Papa,

This letter is 23 years late. I wish I had written this much earlier. If I could've I would have written this letter even before knowing you. Because even then, you'd be the amazing person you still are.

I may not have much time to get this to you. Everyone tells me that you're missing Nana too much and you want to see her as soon as possible. Much as I hate to see you go, I'm glad in a way because I know that Nana has missed you just as much. And seeing her would make you happy. And you deserve this happiness more than anyone else I know. So I hope I'm not being selfish in letting you go.

I'm not sure how to tell you of what's in my heart Papa, because there's just so much.

Maybe I'll start by thanking you. For endless things.For dada and mama. For all my uncles and aunties. For all my cousins. For the best example of what a marriage should be like. For keeping this family together. For every summer holiday. For all those Christmases we've spent in Goa.For my first holy communion. For the stories. For the gifts. For the games we played as little children. For the chocolates and ice-cream treats. For the scoldings and punishments because it has made us better human beings. For all the prayers, rosaries, Holy hours and chapel rosaries. Every good thing that has come our way has come because of your and Nana's prayers.

When we went to Dohad for the first time, Dada, A. Sandra, A.Lalu, U.Leo and A.Brenda told us so many stories and incidents of your times there. And I always wished I'd been there to experience all the fun times you'll had.

I'm still finding the right words to say.. To tell you how much i, and everyone else, loves you.. I hope i get a chance to tell you..

3 comments:

  1. I also misss my grandpa just the way u do. He was the 1 very close to me, he still is, he was the 1 who could turn around world for my smile, he was the 1 who could make sure i stay happy in every walk of my life. The post of urs just brought those good old memories storming 2wrds my heart...I miss him so much..
    Nice ya... U tk cr n be in touch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur post reminded me of my grandmaa...one thing i will always regret is not being by her side when she left us...now when shes nt there i realise wht relation we shared.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rinto- grandparents are like dt..they love u no matter what..
    @shweta- even though u weren't around when she went, remember that you were always around in her heart.

    ReplyDelete