Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jaan ne ka Haq (We have the Right to Know)


The following song has been written and performed by Vinay Mahajan and Charul Mahajan on the Right to Information. Vinay is Post Grad Agricultural Engineer and Charul is an architect. In 1992 both of them quit their lucrative jobs and set up a NGO called "Loknaad" (People 's Voice) and since then they completely devoted their life for raising voice for Peoples Rights.

mere sapnon ka janne ka huk re
kyun sadiyon se toot rahe hai
inhe sajne ka naam nahin

mere haathon ko yeh janne ka huk re
kyun barson se khali pade re
inhein aaj bhi kaam nahin

mere pairon ko yeh janne ka huk re
kyon gaon gaon chalna pade re
kyon bus ka nishan nahin

meri bhukh ko yeh janne ka huk re
kyon godamon mein sadte hain daane
mujhe mutthi bhar dhan nahin

meri budhi maa ko janne ka huk re
kyon goli nahi sui davakhane
patti tanke ka saman nahi

mere kheton ko janne ka huk re
kyon baandh bane re bade bade
toh bhi faslon mein nahin

mere jungalon ko janne ka huk re
kahan daliyan woh patte tane mitti
kyon jharno ka naam nahin

meri nadiyon ko janne ka huk re
kyon zeher milaye karkhane
jaise nadiyon mein jaan nahin

mere gaon ko yeh jaan ne ka huk re
kyon bijli na sadke na pani
khuli ration ki dukan nahin

mere voton ko yeh jaan ne ka huk re
kyon ek din bade bade vaade
fir panch saal kaam nahin

mere raam ko janne ka huk re
rehman ko yeh jannne ka huk re
kyon khoon bahe re sadkon pe
kya sab insaan nahi

meri zindagi ko jeene ka hak re
ab hak ke bina bhi kya jeena
yeh jeene ke samaan nahin



Translation into English


My dreams have a right to know
why they have been shattering for
like they do not want to get fulfill

My hands have the right to know
why they have been empty for years
they till today do not have a job

My legs have the right to know
why they walk from village to village
why there is no trace of a bus

My hunger has the right to know
why are food grains rotting in the go-downs
I don-t even have a handful of grain.

My old mother has the right to know
why are there no medicines in the clinics
why there are no bandages or stitching aid.

My fields have the right to know
why are there big dams being built for water,
and still there is no life in my crops.

My woods have a right to know
where are the branches, leaves and earth
why there is no trace of springs.

My rivers have the right to know
why are the factories poisoning the rivers
as though the rivers don't have life.

My villages have the right to know
why there is no electricity, road or water supply
Nor ration shop open

My vote has the right to know
Why one day we hear big promises
And for five years, no work

My god has the right to know
why there is bloodshed on the streets
as though we are not human beings.


My life has a right to know
if my life is worthy of living without promises
is it even equivalent to living.



the video is available on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOSq2KtrWY4

2 comments:

  1. where I can find the song.plz tell the site other than youtube

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17np2y_mere-sapno-ko-janne-ka-haq-hai-a-musical-poem_music

    ReplyDelete